What is the best treatment for cervical spondylosis?
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. While some types of NSAIDs are available over the counter, you may need prescription-strength versions to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with cervical spondylosis.
- Corticosteroids. …
- Muscle relaxants. …
- Anti-seizure medications. …
Can cervical spondylosis be cured permanently?
As with other forms of osteoarthritis, there is no cure for the disease itself. However, there are ways to help alleviate some or all of the symptoms. Gentle stretching to keep the surrounding muscles flexible is one method that I have found effective personally.
How can I permanently cure cervical spondylosis at home?
Home treatment options
- Take an OTC pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or an NSAID, which includes ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen sodium (Aleve).
- Use a heating pad or a cold pack on your neck to provide pain relief for sore muscles.
- Exercise regularly to help you recover faster.
What should be avoided in cervical spondylosis?
You may not be able to prevent cervical spondylosis, but these steps may reduce your risk:
- Stay physically active.
- Use good posture.
- Prevent neck injuries by always using the right equipment and the right form when exercising or playing sports.
- Avoid trauma to your neck.
Is walking good for spondylosis?
Cervical spondylosis treatment
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis can usually be relieved in three main ways: i) Exercise, including specific home stretches to relieve the symptoms, as well as activities like walking and swimming.
What is the most serious complication of spondylosis?
The main complication of spondylosis is low back, mid back, or neck pain. Usually the back and neck pain caused by spondylosis is not serious, but some people develop chronic pain due to their condition. It is unusual for spondylosis to cause serious neurologic dysfunction due to nerve compression.
Is milk good for cervical spondylosis?
Easy dietary tips for CS
Apart from physical exercise, meditation and yoga diet plays a very important part in decreasing the problem of cervical spondylosis. Patient must have four meals a day which includes salad of steamed vegetables, raw vegetables, whole-wheat bread sprouts and milk.
How many days it will take to cure cervical spondylosis?
In some cases, physical therapy may include posture therapy or the use of traction to gently stretch the joints and muscles of your neck. Physical therapy programs vary in length, but generally last from 6 to 8 weeks.