How do you massage swollen feet during pregnancy?
Massage for edema
- Start by massaging the feet only – in an upwards motion go from the toes up to the ankle. Keep firm, steady pressure and repeat for 3-7 minutes.
- Next, massage from the ankle to the knee. …
- Finally, massage from the knee up the thigh.
What helps pregnancy swelling go down?
How to get relief
- Reduce sodium intake. One way to reduce swelling during pregnancy is to limit your sodium (or salt) intake. …
- Increase potassium intake. …
- Reduce caffeine intake. …
- Drink more water. …
- Elevate your feet and rest. …
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. …
- Stay cool. …
- Wear waist-high compression stockings.
Is it OK to rub swollen feet?
Massage your feet
Massage can be great for swollen feet and can also promote relaxation. Massage (or have someone massage them for you!) your feet toward your heart with firm strokes and some pressure. This can help move the fluid out of the area and reduce swelling.
Can swelling hurt the baby?
Swelling is also more likely to happen later in your pregnancy. Gradual swelling isn’t harmful to you or your baby, but it can feel uncomfortable.
Does drinking water help with swelling during pregnancy?
What Can You do to Relieve Swelling in Pregnancy? Hydration is key. It seems counterintuitive but more water intake reduces swelling (also called edema). The more hydrated you are, the less fluid your body will store in your tissues.
Does ice help pregnancy swelling?
Using ice to soothe swollen feet is also a good home remedy to rely on during pregnancy.
What can I rub on my swollen feet?
Massaging your feet with coconut, tea tree, neem or almond oil can help your sore feet relax, improve the circulation of blood in that area, and help get rid of excess fluid. After applying some warm oil, massage in an upward direction using firm pressure. It’s best to do this every night, before taking a bath.
How do you get rid of swelling fast?
Applying an ice-pack or cold compress to an injury is the fastest way to deal with immediate swelling. It helps reduce swelling by restricting blood flow to the area and slowing down cellular metabolism. Cold therapy systems and ice baths are other methods you can use to apply cold to the area.