How long does it take to become a qualified massage therapist?
You could take a Level 3 Diploma in Massage or Complementary Therapies. The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies (GCMT) is the governing body for massage therapy, and it sets the standards for the profession. GCMT suggest you take a course that lasts at least 6 months full time, or 12 months part time.
Is it worth becoming a massage therapist?
Some of the top reasons why massage therapy is a good career include: high demand for massage therapists, great income potential, flexible hours, a variety of potential work settings, opportunities for growth, rewarding work, training is fast and affordable, and it can be a fun and low-stress career.
Can I run a massage business from home?
Another option is to work from home. Nearly 30% of massage therapists work from a home office. This allows you to save on rent and a commute to work.
What is the highest paid massage therapist?
Detailed List Of Massage Therapist Salaries By State
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity. …
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free. …
- Physical Injuries. …
- Awkwardness. …
Is massage therapy a respected career?
It turns out that massage therapists are significantly more happy with their jobs than many American workers. In comparison, only 51% of U.S. workers reported feeling overall satisfaction with their careers in a recent survey by The Conference Board.
How long is massage therapy school?
Programs range from 300 to 1,000 hours of in-class instruction and practical training. This can translate to somewhere between a few weeks and two years depending on the structure of the program you enroll in. The length of time depends on how many methods you learn and how much practical training is included.
How do I start a massage business?
Steps to Starting a Massage Therapy Business
- Step 1: Write your Business Plan. …
- Step 2: Form a Business Entity. …
- Step 3: Name the Business. …
- Step 4: Select your Location. …
- Step 5: Apply for Business Licenses and Permits. …
- Step 6: Find Financing. …
- Step 7: Open a Business Bank Account. …
- Step 8: Get your Marketing Plan in Place.
How can I work from home as a massage therapist?
Use your home as your workspace for massage
- Use dim lighting.
- Use soothing scents and background music.
- Make sure you always have the appropriate equipment (i.e. towels, sheets, pillows, oils, lotions, etc)
- Be open and conversational with your clients.