What type of massage is best for lower back pain?
While the typical Swedish and deep tissue massages are good for relief from back pain, a particularly effective technique for lower back pain is Shiatsu massage. Shiatsu massage applies pressure to different parts of the body in a rhythmic sequence.
What is the easiest way to massage your lower back?
- Lie face up on a mat and place two tennis balls under your mid-back, one on each side of the spine.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor.
- Slowly move yourself up and down so the tennis balls roll along your lower back.
Is it safe to massage lower back pain?
Massage can be a helpful add-on to conventional medical care for back pain. It can reduce discomfort and get you back on your feet faster. It can take weeks to months to completely recover from a flare-up of low back pain.
What is the fastest way to relieve back pain?
Studies show that heat and cold are effective ways to get relief from back pain. Ice packs are most beneficial when a person uses them directly after an injury, such as a strain. Applying an ice pack wrapped in a towel directly to the back can reduce inflammation.
How can I massage my own back pain?
Self-massage for back pain
- Lie with your back flat on the floor and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place a foam roller on the midsection of your back, just under your shoulder blades.
- Rock your body up and down, towards and away from your feet, to massage your back and loosen up those pressure points.
What does it feel like when a knot releases?
Muscles knots can cause aching sensations and pain in your muscles and joints. When you touch a muscle knot, it may feel swollen, tense, or bumpy. It could also feel tight and contracted, even when you’re trying to relax, and they’re often sensitive to the touch.